I wrote this blog last night Nov. 7, 2010 around 11:50pm-12:00am and I'm supposed to post it at that same time but my wap connection was bitching with me. I'm going to post this even it's kinda late just to express my gratitude towards NU107. Here it goes:
This is the saddest night for one reason: Tonight is the last night of the only station I know by heart - NU107. I may have listened to them for only 8 years and intermittently but NU is the lone reason I, once in a while, listens to radio. The station has been with me in my numerous insomnia nights and comfort my emoness with those nonstop rock and roll music. I wrote every playlist and stairway to seven that I got chance to listen to in my spare high school notebook with doodles of my crushes' names side to side with jocks' names. And now, as I currently write this I am listening to Eraserheads' "Ang Huling El Bimbo" - the very last song NU played. I am almost crying and goose fleshing all over my body while Cris is signing off.
It is really a home; not just NU rock but also by people who knows how to rock. It is every one of us's comfort zone amidst those pop themed radio stations. I'm grateful that for many times, they effingly entertain me whenever I'm bored, lonely, happy, inspired and whatever. Thank you NU, you're now a legend and icon - not a living legend and icon like before though. Twenty-three years had gone so fast and now it's time to say bye-bye and like what NU jocks are always telling, music lives on! NU is forever in every fan's mind and heart!
XX
Mao
No comments:
Post a Comment