WARNING!!!

If you are a Grammar Nazi better not read any article below. You might develop migraine due to grammatical glitches.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Love, Family and Race


Formstack Submission at 08/26/10 8:13 PM


Name (Optional): Chinita-In-Love


Where are you from?: Philippines


Where should I post my reply?: Blogspot (FML Advice)


Your Story Starts Here!: Hey!



I hope you could help me with my problem. See, my folks have really high standards when it comes to suitors lately. It wasn't a problem before - I've been dating guys since forever - but now they seem to hate it when my suitors are not Chinese! Help! How can I make them understand that this Pinoy guy is really kind and trustworthy? I sure hope you can help me out. (NOTE: This guy is someone you know!)


 


 

Dear Chinitia-In-Love,

I would like to say thanks for the nice rate! :D

Okay, so you're Chinese? And the guy is someone I know (which honestly up to now, I'm still clueless). :) You know, it's hard to tell something to someone who's not open for communication. Like you can do whatever to make your parents understand and trust you but still they won't, especially if they're not ready to listen (as in the true essence of listening). This advice is very cliché – talk to your parents. I mean, there wasn't a problem before right? Then ask them why suddenly, you feel they don't like your suitors except if they're Chinese. There must be a reason. When you knew the reason, then you may now point out to them that this Pinoy guy is someone they should trust. On the other hand, if you're not that open to your parents, I think it would be a problem. :D It's hard talking to someone when you're not at ease with that someone, right? Then I think the solution is to write them a letter. It's easier than to converse with someone not close to you especially parents, because personally I think it's kind of awkward. I really do hope your parents would listen to you, because if this guy is really kind and trustworthy then I think you deserve each other (at least a chance to be with each other).


 

XX

Mao

No comments: